Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Trip up the hill

Some days a trip up the hill cannot wait until the evening. There's watering to be done, weeds to pull or goodies to pick. The 11th was one of those days. After breakfast, we got dressed, piled in the truck and headed up the hill to the garden.


These flowers just make me smile. My granny has grown these in her garden as long as I can remember, and so I wanted them in my garden. Every trip, though, comes with reminders that we don't always have to pick them. :)


Our giant sunflowers are looking great! We think there have been visitors to them, though. There are sunflowers seeds all around the bases of the flowers. I'm thinking it's the birds...


As for these grape tomato plants, we just can't seem to stay caught up with picking them. The boys love to pick them. Here's B with his almond milk grabbing a handful of them.


Cash was just pretending here. He really doesn't like them. Go figure. He'll eat sliced tomatoes, but won't touch these snack-size ones. *darn


All done, and even though it was early, it was the beginning of a hot day. Baylen gulped my water on the ride back down to the house. :)
(They both love sitting in their "own seats" in the back of Heath's ranger.)

No comments: