Monday, August 20, 2012

Eighty-three

Growing up, we got together with my mom's side of the family very often. Holidays, Sunday afternoon lunches, birthdays - you name it. We were there together, and if one of us wasn't there for some reason, it just wasn't the same. There were ten of us then, and my sister and I were pretty close to our two cousins.

There's sixteen of us now, and like I said, when even one is missing from a get-together, it's just not the same. So for all of us to meet on a Saturday night to enjoy a meal together, it must have been for a very special reason, and it was. Gran-Granny was turning 83!


I don't think she would mind me announcing her age on my blog. Honestly, she's probably uncertain was a blog is or that I try to keep up with one. Besides, at eighty-three, she's strong, healthy, and the "head" of this family. She's beautiful inside and out, and her four great-grandbabies love her. It's not easy getting a perfect picture with these four, but we always try.


Happy birthday, Gran-Granny!

No comments: