Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dear God,

 Hi up there. Just wanted to send you a short note concerning a few things. Life is great down here. Your grace and love never cease to amaze me. Just when things get tough, leaning on You always helps me to bear my load. I thank You for that, and I thank You for all the ways that You seem to turn my attention back to you. I'm a wanderer by nature.


 I do have a question though. Remember how I asked You to slow time? I think it was a few months back, or maybe I asked it a year or so ago. I can't remember now, but I'm wandering when it's going to happen. You see - tomorrow my little baby boy that You blessed Heath and I with will be turning a year old. I'm still trying to figure out how this can be. It seems like only yesterday we brought him home from the hospital in his little blue sleeper. It swallowed him. He was so tiny, and now he's this cheerful, bubbly, walking and running and climbing Heath look-alike. What a blessing he has been this past year. There have been rocky, tough times with him, but they have pulled by Heath and I closer to You. 


 So after tomorrow, You'll slow down time, right? Things will stand still for a bit, and I can savor these moments with my one year-old with ease? Okay, thanks.


Humbly Your child,
KJ

1 comment:

Jennifer Keene said...

I'm in tears right now....