Friday, March 4, 2011

Up to my eyeballs...

When we first moved to Glasgow, I really thought that things would be slower and I would have so much time to soak it all in -- family, time with boys, maybe even some reading and scrapbooking. I have come to the conclusion that I was completely wrong. The past two weeks have been house-crazy. I've been up to my eyeballs in books of interior doors, faucets, and doorknobs. I've spent three full days the past two weeks in Bowling Green scratching my head looking at cabinets, countertops, tile, and sinks. Here in Glasgow, I've researched an endless amount of choices of appliances trying to find coordinating ones that have good reviews. Honestly, I don't enjoy picking out things - probably because I'm not a good decision maker and the good Lord blessed my sister with all the design skill in the family. Good thing the good Lord also made my sister very helpful towards her younger sister. Yes, indeed Karalee has spent a good part of those days with me - suffering through the fast food and cigarette smoke, but loving it (yes, she enjoys picking out and designing).


But on the up-side, we (meaning Heath, myself and Karalee) have picked out all faucets, sinks, tubs/showers, cabinets, countertops, appliances, stains for interior trim and doors, and some of the tile. Wall colors next ...


So that's what I've been doing. Here's what's been going on at the house:


HVAC rough-in complete


Plumbing rough-in complete


Both slide-in tub/showers installed


A little color added here and there :)


Crawl spaces officially look like something from NASA


Dumpster in place

As for the boys, Baylen has been fighting congestion and ear infections on and off since the beginning of the year (actually since he's been born), but that's a different post. Both boys were able to enjoy some of the warmer weather this week, and I got to enjoy it with them when I got back to Glasgow from house-stuff. A huge thanks to my mom for watching the two little guys so I could get a lot done. I'm sure packing both the boys with me would surely slow me down.



It's only for a time when you can wear monkeys on your bottom and it's cute


Grammy's flower box is a huge favorite


Big boy - big eyes


Love his silly moods 

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

bhavini said...

Everything looks great! Its coming along so fast!

Jennifer Keene said...

It's coming along KJ!!!!