Wednesday, February 16, 2011


What? A week since my last post? It's been crazy. That's all I can say.

For starters, last Friday brought Heath's 33rd birthday, Marlo's hip surgery and a 102 degree fever for Baylen. I spent the day lovin' on a baby while Heath was in BG at the hospital with Marlo AND at the land working on the house. Baylen kept his fever through the weekend being very grouchy (rightly so) and pulling on his right ear. Marlo, in the mean time, came through his surgery very well and was able to come home Sunday with a walker. The surgeon told him that by the looks of his hip, this new one should feel a million times better. A huge praise that there were no complications and his healing has been going smoothly. Baylen, on the other hand, visited our pediatrician on Monday to find out that he had a real nice ear infection. We've been on the mend ever since. He's still not 100%, but I'm hoping by the weekend, he'll be back to his fun-loving, smiley self.

Since Valentine's Day was spent at the pediatrician's office and pharmacy, we'll have to postpone any romantic dinner together until next weekend. But a belated happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

As for Cash, he's been his good-little-boy self, of course. He received a new stuffed Goofy from Grammy and Grandad for Valentine's Day and has been enjoying lots of Kennick time, too. We even ventured out for some EXTREME fun yesterday with another cousin, Kenle, and my aunt Kathy.

The house, you ask? Karalee rode to BG yesterday with me to walk through the house. A lot has changed since the last time I was able to go out there - like the entire second floor AND some of the roof. We also went by and picked out the kitchen sink, laundry room sink and kitchen faucet. (It doesn't sound like a lot, but for me, it was...) Here's some pictures from yesterday's walk-through...


The front of the house


Upstairs - Baylen's room


Upstairs - Cash's room
(Before we started building, I colored the three rooms upstairs three different colors on some floor plans and asked Cash which room he wanted to be his. He picked this one on the floor plan, and chose the other one for B because he wanted "baby be next to me.")


Main floor- family room
I love the huge windows and open feeling!

Finished the brick on the walk-out basement


Looking up from the lower drive

I've got lots of stories and more pictures to share. They will have to wait, though, until my sweet little one feels a bit better.

1 comment:

amy pike said...

I am loving the house!!!!! Next time you are in BG let me know, I want to come see it with you. This is so exciting! Glad to hear Baylen is on the mend as well as Marlo. Just imagine the fun he can have with the boys now.