Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our first night

Thursday, June 16th was our first night staying at our new house. I had spent most of the beginning of the week at the house putting things away, organizing and "setting up" house. We wanted to wait and actually start staying there when things were more in order.


That Thursday afternoon, mom and dad helped me pack up the car with a few more things (ha - it was completely full) that we needed ... Cash's bed, clothes, etc. and we headed to BG. The boys were excited, but they were always excited about going to the new house, and not so much for the house, but because it meant mud boots and playing in the dirt/mud.


Cash's big boy bed had been picked up and put together earlier that day, so we made it with his new bedding, and everyone was set. I had already put Baylen's crib together and made it and our bed earlier in the week.


The first night was rocky, but a success. Cash woke up two times and Baylen woke up once (Cash always sleeps through the night, and at the point, Baylen did most of the time, too). I made the trek upstairs thanks to night lights that I had already placed (smart girl, I am) in the hallways and rooms, comforted little boys, assured them that I wasn't too far away, and made my way back downstairs.


Our TV was still in a box, so our morning cartoon watching was done on our portable DVD player.


First morning in the new house! Yay!


They didn't mind their small screen...


they were just happy to be together in their new house!

No comments: