Saturday, September 24, 2011

Apples, apples, apples

We finished up our letter Aa activities last week. Overall, I think our first week (it was actually a week and a half) went really well. I'm not really sure what my expectations were, but I know he learned some things in different areas and we had a lot of fun, so I'd have to say the beginning of our "school games" were a success!

Cash only did this game a few times. I think it was boring to him. After the second time we did it (on different days) he started purposefully matching the wrong shapes together. He would laugh and say, "That's not right, mommy!"


He's still working on his lacing skills. It's not his favorite thing to do either, but if I catch him in the right mood, he'll focus and try to finish it.


Although not perfect, I was very happy that he was so proud of his lacing job.


This is officially his new favorite. These are called Do-A-Dot markers. I think they originated from Bingo, right? Anyway, I let him and B play with them one afternoon, and then I gave him the letter A to make dots on. He concentrated and went slow so he could get the dots in the circles. Can't you tell he's focused (the tongue gives it away).


B loved the Do-A-Dot markers, too. I've been trying to work on colors with him in every activity, but he's still calling every color "geen." I'm not worried. He's having fun with us!


Glue stick time! Cash cut out the tree and some apples and glued them into place. While he was doing this, I explained to him that we were going to see real apple trees the next day. He was pretty pumped.


I'm not really sure what this activity is, but he had fun with it, too. The boy loves magnets so I knew it would be a hit. These are pom-poms (called fuzzy balls at our house) with magnets glued on the back of them. Cash takes the fuzzy ball magnets and places them on the circles around the picture. They stick because it's lying on my cookie sheet.


And of course, B had fun with the fuzzy ball magnets, too. He would laugh every time he'd get one of the magnets close to the cookie sheet and they would snap onto the metal sheet. He's learning about the attraction of magnets, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how there's bowhunting equipment on the porch behind all these activities.

bhd