Friday, September 16, 2011

Flashback Friday

November 1, 2008
WKU vs. North Texas

It was homecoming and an absolutely beautiful day to enjoy football with family.
Honestly, I don't think we've been to a football game at WKU since. It's partly because Saturdays became busy, full of projects and other activities, but it's also because we lost interest.

Shame on us, right? Hilltopper alumnae not supporting their team? That's horrible.

But really, WKU hasn't won a home football game since they played Murray back on Sept. 20, 2008. Yes, it's been that long, and let me be honest here (because it's my blog, and I think I should be able to be honest on my own blog), Heath and I aren't huge Coach Willie Taggert fans. I'm sure he's a nice guy with the best of intentions (and I hear he was a great player for the tops), but seriously, I don't think he was the best pick to replace Coach Elson. I'd say Heath agrees with me, too, especially since Willie Taggert used to try to copy his tests when they had classes together. Me? I'd just like to give him a lesson on proper grammar.

If any team is playing the Hilltoppers, I'll definitely root for my team in red. I'd love to see things turn around for them this season, and maybe, just maybe, we'll go to a game and let the boys catch some up-close football action. We'll see...

No comments: