Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting ready

As long as I can remember, my Granny (Nanny to the boys) has always had a garden in the summer. She would plant anything from strawberries to squash and tomatoes to butter beans. In the past five or six years (thanks to Heath) she's also added hot peppers to her garden. 


When Heath and I bought our little plot of land outside of Bowling Green, I immediately began to search out the perfect spot for my very own (small) garden. I knew I would be busy this summer getting settled in, but I was hoping to find the time to share the joy of gardening with the boys. So I found a pretty good spot, and Heath asked our wonderful neighbor if he could plow up a patch for me. We have been blessed with such friendly and helpful neighbors!


B playing in the freshly tilled soil.


"Look what I found!"


Handsome boy


Lovin' being outside in the dirt


Watching our neighbor friend and Daddy talking


There it is ... not ready yet.


A little boy's paradise

No comments: