Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Two friends, two ceremonies, one wonderful weekend

I have a very special friend. We have been friends, best friends, since sixth grade - that's about twenty years now that we've shared our lives with each other. We've been through middle school, high school, boyfriends, college, graduate schools, first jobs - everything together. And this past weekend, I was fortunate enough to walk with Bhavini through another milestone - her wedding!

I had been looking forward to this weekend for months - literally. I knew there would be lots of her family, which I adore, and lots of Glasgow friends from way back - which I know mean lots of fun. I was not disappointed at all - family, friends, and a whole lot of fun! It was a sweet, special time, my best friend married the love of her life - who happens to be a good friend, too.

Here's a few pictures from the weekend, and if you've heard anything about a dance video on YouTube - I'm denying it all! :)


Thursday night was family and (yummy) food. We also got our henna for the Hindu ceremony. It took the lady over 4 hours to finish Bhavini's hands and feet. 


Friday night was some more delicious food and lots of traditional Indian dancing. I had a blast! Here's me with the happy couple. Love you two!


Candid shot of Heath and I at the dinner


Bhavana (Bhavini's big sister), David and Bhavini before the dancing began


Me with two of the other bridesmaids, and my new pals, Tyler and Laura


Bhavini was stunning in her Indian wedding sari - absolutely beautiful


The happy couple after the first ceremony


Bhavini with Tyler and Laura, ready for the second ceremony
Again, Bhavini was a gorgeous bride, right?


Being the dorks that we are, we posed on her steps where we had posed 11 years ago for prom with our dates.

It was an awesome weekend. Lots of laughs, a few tears, more memories to add to our collection, and of course, dancing. To Bhavini and David - I wish you two all the love and happiness in the world. I love you both!

No comments: