Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Green monster smoothies

Yes, you read it right. Green monster smoothies, but really, there's no green monster, right? But if Popeye had his choice of any kind of smoothie, he would choose these yummy ones! They are packed with lots of spinach, and my boys love them!

I've been reading some on nutrition lately, and I've decided that my family just doesn't get enough spinach. It's rich in so, so many antioxidants, and it's a great source of Vitamins A, C, E, and K, manganese, magnesium, folate, iron, Vitamin B2 and B6, calcium and iron, folic acid, protein, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids. Awesome!

Now would I expect my some-of-the-time picky eaters to embrace this food and ask for more at each meal? Doubtful. So I do what any mother would do and make it fun by hiding it in smoothies and calling it a green monster smoothie. Works every time!


Here's Cash waiting for his cup to be filled with this yummy green drink.


And B wanted his cup filled, too. (He likes pushing the button on the blender, too.)


Almond milk, lots of spinach, some strawberries and maybe a banana - blend it up and drink it down!


Good to the last drop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the boys like it, it doesn't sound like anything I want any part of, but then maybe I should try 1 sometime.