Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Out and about

Tuesday, the 7th of this month was another beautiful, warm day (at least warm for February).

We set off in the car for town for a fun morning. I had a little something up my sleeve. :)
I had packed a snack and the boys sippies, and if all went well, we'd be back home for lunch.

I steered the car toward downtown, and of course, Cash started asking questions. I told him that we were going downtown, and he immediately replied with, "Can we go see that big crane?" 

You see, I know my boys pretty well, and I knew that a morning watching the big red crane and all the other machines at the building site downtown would be a great way enjoy the nice morning.


When we got there, we found a track hoe with a hammer on it. If you're ever around Cash, ask him how a hammer on a track hoe goes. He'll tell you. "Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh!"



"There's dat red trane, mommy!" We're working on some speech skills, but crane still sounds like crane. We'll get there though... Although we got to see it up close, it wasn't doing any work that morning. The boys didn't mind though. There was plenty to see.



We got to see a backhoe digging a deep hole on the other side of the structure.



We waved to the concrete truck driver as he backed out. I got tickled at the boys. They waved to everyone on the site. I think a lot of the workers got a kick out of being so "cool." Most waved back, too. The track hoe driver didn't though. He was too busy texting while he was hammering at the rocks.



Cash pointed this out. He said that the crane was taller than the pump truck, and he was right. Look at that beautiful blue sky!

While we were watching all the machines work, the boys were able to eat their morning snack. Then we packed up in the car and headed to the park. I asked the boys which park they wanted to go to, and Cash answered, "The one with all dos hills." I knew exactly which one he was talking about!



There's a small park on top of "hospital hill" that has lots of hills to run and play on. The boys have always loved climbing and running on them. We used to bring these Super capes to wear when they would run around at this park. Too bad I didn't have them packed!



Here's B climbing up one of the hills. He has grown so much. I swear he thinks he 3 1/2 just like big brother!


There they go! I'm not up on my history of this park. I'm wondering if this is an old fort? Maybe that's the reasons there's a series of random hills on top of this hill...


B looks upset in this picture, but I think it's because he was working so hard to keep himself up on this bar. He's got such little chicken wing arms, they have to do a lot of work to keep him up! :)


More running on the hills up the hills


There's a great play place there, too. We climbed a bit on the climbing wall, took a few turns down the slide, but both wanted to swing.


When they start swinging on their bellies, it tells me that they are getting a bit tired. So we did some more swinging, took one more trip up the hills, and then headed to the car.

After we got home, we enjoyed some peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch while watching Tom and Jerry, and then two little boys took two very long naps! What a wonderful day out and about with my two little guys! I love being able to have these special days with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that my boys are very well cared for by my great wife.
bhd