Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Taking to the skies

Cash had been asking my dad to go flying for awhile. He kept say, "Mommy, we didn't go flying for the letter F week." I promised him that I would mention it to Grandad, and I did. So the next time that Grandad went flying (that wasn't during naptime or early in the morning), he flew down to Bowling Green to pick us up.


We got there early so we could see Grandad land, but it ended up being a little too early. We waited in the FBO for what seemed like forever before we heard his voice calling in to the airport.



He was happy guy, too. This was going to be Baylen's first flight with Grandad! Cash went up with my dad for the first time when he was about 10 months old. 



Grandad landed and he had some passengers! Derek and Kennick had flown down with him and hung out in the FBO while we took a short flight around Bowling Green.

The take-off went great. Cash was sitting in the seat next to me, and Baylen was in my lap, all of us belted in, of course. We circled around the city and then flew out to Moats Lane so we could see the river and our house. Cash pointed out the Corvette Museum form the air.



This was how B was about five minutes into the flight. He was holding on to his headphones and Cash's airplane, fast asleep in my lap. He slept for the rest of the trip.



What a big boy! He sat in his seat for most of the trip. Every little bit he would get up on his knees to look out the windows. 



Here's Grandad with the three boys back at the airport. What a great day for flying!



I tried to get a good picture of dad and Baylen after his first flight, but he was still sleepy and the sun was in his eyes. Oh, well!

Thanks, Grandad, for a fun flight around the city!
April 7, 2012

No comments: