Monday, October 15, 2012

Just Piddlin' with friends

Last Friday, we met some friends of ours at a farm in Logan Co. called Just Piddlin'. I'm not sure if I've been completely behind on the latest places to go or if this place is new, but I had never heard of it until earlier that week. I looked it up online and on FB and decided it would be fun to try out. Cash had been wanting to get together with his school friend, Gavin, so I talked to his Mommy and the plans were set.

Even though it had rained the night before and a little that morning, Natalie, Gavin's mother, and I decided we could still go. I am so glad we did! The boys loved it!


There was a calf to pet, but


B didn't really seem interested in petting it.


There was a slide, but it was kind of wet. Natalie and Stella Jane went down it a few times though. Big smiles!


They also had a "race course" for tricycles, pedal tractors and "race cars." It looked like it would be fun, but I'm not sure the boys were quite old enough to pedal it, so I did a lot of pushing. (Note: Bring Daddy next time.)


Cash preferred the "race car" because it had a brake.


Did I mention they had a huge "pool" of corn to play in? They stayed here most of the time. 


They played, jumped, chased, wallered (is that a word?), and just plain ol' LOVED this part of the farm. The fact that it was in a large shed blocked by the cold wind was perfect, too!


Happy boy!


These two play so well together! They're just about six weeks apart in age, and I'm so glad that they are  good friends.


Stella Jane wasn't too sure of the corn. She sat and played for a bit, was more interested in other things.


This one had corn everywhere! I found it in his pockets, his hood of his jacket, and even his socks.


Ditto. This one even found some in his underwear later in the afternoon. :)


Big jump!


Three handsome (blonde!) boys loving the corn!


One sweet little girl who LOVED toting the little pumpkins in her bucket!


They asked us to be careful and not get too much of the corn out of the "pool." I tried to keep most of it on the carpet, and then we would scoop it back into the "pool." There was a sign posted explaining that the cost of corn was high this year...


Yes, Stella Jane and B loved the pet bunny.


How fun!


These two decided to go for a spin on the "race car." Stella Jane pushed while B steered. Instead of going back out to the race track, they stayed in the shed where it was warmer. Perfect fun!


Oh, my! We tried to get a picture of them together, but it just wasn't happening. Here's to a fun morning at Just Piddlin' with some great friends!

No comments: