Sunday, October 28, 2012

Monster Dash 5k

After returning back to Bowling Green, relaxing a bit and grabbing a light supper, we met back at Keriakeis Park for the Monster Dash 5k. It didn't start until 7pm, so it was already dark. It was crowded, too, and since this was our second race of the day, we were aiming to finish, but not in record time.

 
Bundled in some warm running attire, we were smiling and ready to go.


Honestly, it was a hard race, and not my favorite by far. It was dark. Yes, there were people with light wands, flashlights and lanterns along the way, but I like being able to see where I'm running. Karalee and I finished at the same time, around 33 minutes, I believe and Amy was right behind us. The downhills were hard on her knee, but she (and it) held it together and we were one of the first 350, so we got fun finisher medals.

 
Here's Karalee and I right after we finished. I'm still not sure why I never got around to putting my hair up, but it kept my neck warm as I ran. Heath and Derek met us with the three little boys afterwards. Some trick-or-treated while some went to Trax to warm up and roast some marshmallows. Shew! It'd been a long day!

No comments: