Saturday, January 1, 2011

By the numbers

It's a new year. I thought I'd give you a run-down of our family, at the beginning of this new year, by the numbers.

Miles that we are, right now, from our land - 34

Minutes that it takes Heath to get to work in the mornings - 80

Number of teeth that Baylen has - four

Number of letters Cash can recognize - 26

Number of cars parked at my parents' house on any given night - 7

Miles from our land to PawPaw's new place - 15

Number of times I hear Cash's sweet voice say "Mama" - countless

Number of times I said, "No, thanks" to black-eyed peas today - 3

Number of emails from Heath that included pictures of deer poop on our land - one

Number of times Heath threw Baylen up in the air today - I wasn't counting, only laughing at Baylen's belly laugh

Times that Cash took pictures of us with his imaginary camera during supper - 11

Number of times I tried to convince Cash that the Rose Bowl Parade was more fun to watch than Thomas (and failed) - 2

Number of times my heart melts when Baylen flashes his buck-toothy grin my way - too many to count

Number of football games I watched today - none

Number of times I pulled plastic nuts (you know the kind that go with bolts) from Baylen's mouth - at least twelve (then I put Cash's workbench away)

Number of times Cash said "Happy New Year" today - enough

And now I'll say it to you, Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Happy New Year! Love, Maura

Kasey Jo said...

Happy New Year, Maura! Loved your pics on FB of your night. Emily's skirt was, of course, awesome!