Monday, January 10, 2011

Thanks to my creative gift-giving sister, Cash got these cool fridge gears for Christmas. She noticed that he LOVED some that were similar to these at the Magic House in St. Louis, and when she saw these, she knew Cash would enjoy them, too. And he does. For that matter, we all do. I've caught Heath moving them around and "playing" with the different parts a few times, and I get a kick out of watching Cash push the different size gears together to make them "go." Baylen even carries them around the house at times in his mouth (so we've scooted them higher up the fridge).

Watching these gears go round and round is fun, but if Cash goes off and leaves them running, you can hear them from anywhere on the main floor. You see, the pink and blue one clicks when it is turning. Click, click, click ... and on it goes until someone turns it off. Reminds me of my thoughts, really. Somedays there's just a lot going on. So much, in fact, that there seems to be gears in my head that are going round and round. I'm one of those people who thinks a lot. For example, I really wanted to take a nap one day last week while both the boys were sleeping. As soon as they were both down for a nap, I crawled into my warm bed, and I started thinking - thinking about what all I needed to be doing, cleaning, reading, picking up, etc. So I got up - because I couldn't sleep for all the gears running in my head!

Anyone else feel that way? Does anyone else have gears in their head?


No comments: