Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting started

On Monday, we officially started building our house. We, as in the excavators, not we as in me. They showed up early and by mid-morning we had a huge, swimming pool-looking hole at the top of the hill. Heath was so excited that he decided to leave early from work to check it out. Everything is going pretty well. We've only had a few glitches, one of those including the workers dozing down our favorite tree, a large sycamore (that will be a different post, I'm sure). Other than that, the footers were poured Tuesday, and hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we will have basement walls. Don't worry, I'll keep you up-to-date with lots more pictures soon.

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

2 comments:

amy pike said...

Whooo Hoooo!!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I've got to send you the pictures of our bookshelves. I keep forgetting or would you like an excuse to come to BG and take your own? Maura (anonymous)