Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fancy Concrete

If you've learned anything about our family through reading this blog, I hope that you've picked up on the fact that Heath is a concrete finisher by trade. He's always worked with concrete, but only with our new house has he gotten into making his concrete look a little fancy. Take a look at these two pictures of our garage, and you'll see what I mean.


Here's our garage floor before Heath stained and sealed it.


And here it is after. Nice, right? He used a dark grey stain on it and finished with a water based sealer. Like I said, fancy concrete.

3 comments:

amy pike said...

I thought it looked shiny in the #2 post. : )

Anonymous said...

I like it, sometimes wish my other half could do stuff like this instead of keeping his head under the hood of a car.

Anonymous said...

Correction, solvent based sealer. Water based sealer is what got me in trouble on the basement floor. Stinks that i have had to learn so much about stain on my own concrete.

--bhd