Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A little help from Paw Paw

Pour number three went down without a problem at all. It was last Thursday afternoon, and Paw Paw came to help. How fun! My mom and dad were also in BG, but not to help with concrete. They were coming to take the boys to a baseball game. Anyway ...


Here's Heath and Marlo getting ready to pour. Maybe they're getting a game plan ready. I doubt it though. I think they were probably laughing about something on Sandford and Sons or bringing up old concrete pouring stories from back in the day.


This was a smaller section than the other two. It was only about 4 yards, I think. Marlo always swore he'd never do concrete again. When he heard the concrete truck coming down the road he said, "I hear trouble." He's still got the touch though.


This boy LOVES concrete trucks. He loves the noises, the spinning, the chutes, the water hose on the front, the huge tires ... I could go on and on. (He could, too, if you ask him.)


Boots on and edger in hand -- he's ready to help, too.


Do you see this? This is three generations of Doggett concrete finishers hard at work.


It makes me wonder what Paw Paw thinks of it all. Did he ever think he'd have a son that loves to finish concrete and two grandsons who want nothing more than to get in there and "help," too?


I'll have to ask him sometime.
Either way, I loved watching these four guys working together. 

No comments: