Friday, August 12, 2011

A hot evening

Remember back a couple of weeks when even at 5:30 in the evening it was super, super hot? Friday, July 29th, was one of those days that began and ended with scorching temperatures. But even with these extreme temperatures, my boys needed to be outside.

My oldest boy, Heath, (he, he) was busy forming up the first section that he was going to pour for our pad outside the garage, and my two smaller boys were in to everything. From playing in the sprinkler on the gravel, doing some fishing off the side of the truck, and even helping daddy with the forms. They were all so very busy.



Cash loves this sprinkler. He takes the wiggly noodles and sprays everyone with them, including mommy.


Heath was hard at work trying to form up this first section. I cannot wait for this concrete pad to be done and sealed. I'm hoping that it cuts down on the amount of gravel dust that shows up inside on the floors. :)


Although B played in the sprinkler for a bit, he was busy doing an array of different things. He found these in a crate in the garage and wanted to put them in daddy's truck. Not sure why. Busy, busy.


Like I said, he loves this sprinkler. 


After B got tired of playing with the balls, he decided to help Heath with the stakes. He was so interested in putting the screws in the holes of the stakes.


Meanwhile, Cash found some of Heath's string and began to fish off the side of the truck.


B made trips back and forth from Heath's tool belt to each of the stakes until every hole had a screw sticking out of it. We were amazed at the focus he had while doing this. He's usually a carefree, funny, goofy kid, but not tonight. Maybe the heat was getting to him. :)


Heath just laughed at both our boys. How fun they both are right now! Each stage has been so different for each of them, and we are enjoying it all and soaking it in.


I don't think Cash caught anything, but he had a great time throwing the line over the edge and pulling it back in. What a fun guy!


As for me? I was enjoying watching all three of my guys do what they love to do - stay busy outside enjoying the fresh air and each other. I was also admiring our driveway. I love how it's shaded, curved and secluded. *sigh* I am so very blessed.

No comments: