Saturday, January 21, 2012

Borrow some Cash

For the past few days, Cash has been pointing to things outside the car window as we drive around town saying, "Look, mommy, an antenna!" I'd try to look around, searching for a car with an antenna, but never saw one. Wondering where he learned what an antenna was, I asked him what color it was. "It's yellow and black." I wasn't sure what he thought an antenna was, so the last few times he brought it up, I searched around trying to find cars or trucks with an actual antenna on it, so I could show him what one was.

Today, after leaving Pizza Hut, Cash pointed to a yellow car that was parked in the parking lot, and said, "Antenna, mommy!" I didn't see an antenna on that car, but as I stopped at the stop light, there was a short, black antenna on the car in front of us. I pointed to it, and said, "Cash, that black, skinny stick on top of that white car in front of us is an antenna." Heath went on to explain that an antenna is something that picks up a signal. As we pulled onto the parkway, Cash brought it up again, but this time he said, "That skinny antenna is like those skinny cows that ate those fat cows."

Heath and I looked at each other and smiled. Right then we knew that he had been listening as we've been reading through the boys' Bible at night during family worship time. The story in Genesis where Joseph interprets Pharoah's dream about the seven skinny cows eating the seven fat cows is one that we read this past week. It's such a sweet time each night when we open their Bible, read a story, sing a song, and then pray together as a family. To know that our lil' man is really listening to these stories and remembering details makes it all the more special. My prayer is that as the boys get older and we continue with family worship time, they will begin to really remember the details and learn more and more about our loving God.

No comments: