Wednesday, October 12, 2011

An afternoon outside

It's been absolutely beautiful outside the past few weeks. The mosquitos are (almost) gone, the air is cooler, the leaves are changing into bright, vibrant colors, and it's just the perfect time to be outside. Most afternoons (mornings, too) I try to be outside with the boys as much as possible. I keep thinking in the back of my head that a cool rain is going to come, the leaves will all be gone, and it will be the end of no-jacket days.

Last week, I had my camera outside with me, as I usually do, and I took some random pictures in the backyard. The boys were running, playing, chasing the cat, exploring - just doing what they do best, and I caught it all on camera.


B loves wearing hats, and on this particular day, he wanted to wear his Hot Rods hat backwards.



Don't they look sweet? Precious little boys petting their kitty. Ha...



In an instant, Cash decided that he wanted Ruth to go fetch a stick. He threw it, but she didn't go get it. So Cash chased her instead.



They both ended up chasing her until she went under the neighbor's fence. Smart cat, right? The boys were bummed though.



There she is, just out of their reach. I told the boys, "She's old enough to know how to get away from you two."



This prompted B to raise one finger. "One." Obviously, he's been asked the question a few times. (How old are you?)



"I'm free." Yes, Cash had to chime in, too. 



Cash hiked on towards the side of our yard, but B stuck around for awhile waiting on Ruth to come back. She didn't before he gave up on her, so he joined big brother, and we headed for the gravel pile at the top of the hill.

See? A simple afternoon outside with my boys. I love it. Too bad it's caused me to be behind on errands, house-cleaning and laundry...

No comments: