Friday, October 28, 2011

Because I love looking back...

While the boys were napping this afternoon, I decided to look through our wedding pictures for some to post tomorrow on our anniversary. Yes, I should have been finishing laundry, cleaning the floor under the kitchen table, and preparing for next week's super fun school games over the letter M, but I love looking back at old pictures.

Crazy. Old pictures?! I guess so. It was six years ago that we walked the beach in Florida and said, "I do." (That's right up there with the active AOIIs calling our hand-me-down AOII shirts "vintage.") It's easy to look through the many, many pictures that we have from our wedding weekend and find hundreds of awesome pictures because we had the best wedding photographer EVER. The hard part is narrowing them down to share just a few. 

Here are some of my favorites from our wedding rehearsal and dinner.


Walking on the beach at sunset after the rehearsal. I was carrying the bouquet made from ribbons that my teacher friends made me.


Heath's family grilled chicken, pork loin and ribs and cooked a huge dinner for everyone. They are seriously the best cooks and grillers I know.


We were so happy. It was the start of a perfect weekend.


The rehearsal dinner was at the beach house we rented. We were so excited to have most of our favorite people there to share this time with.


Afterwards, some of us went to a dueling piano bar called Rum Runners. My sister and I had found the place a few weeks earlier when we were there. I loved it and knew that it would be a fun place to hang out.


I love my father-in-law. He's got to be the best dancer in the family. Here he is dancing with his sister, Tammy.


The piano duelers found out we were getting married the next day and got us up on stage. We had to stand up and sit down (crazy!) while they played My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean... 

I loved it all. Family, friends, fun, and I was going to marry the love of my life the very next day.

1 comment:

amy pike said...

I remember this weekend well! I loved.....being able to sing for you, experience using my AAA card for the first time, the scary experience that came with my first neck adjustment (still haven't forgotten that one), the beautiful weather which resulted in me being sunburned but only on one side, and the absolutely crazy car ride home. Wonderful time! Happy early Anniversary! Much love to you and Heath.