Friday, October 28, 2011

No more dirt?!

Looking at these pictures, I thought to myself, "Geez, more pictures of the boys playing in dirt?! Really?" So I had decided not to post them.     




But then I started thinking about it, and these could potentially be the last playing-in-the-dirt pictures. We've finished the retaining wall, ruts have been filled in and grass is growing. No more dirt pictures?!


So I decided to post them.


These were actually taken on October 7th. It was a Friday afternoon, the same day the dump truck got stuck in the front yard.


Heath had borrowed the neighbor's Bobcat (we love you, M and L!), and of course, if daddy was working in the dirt, B and Cash had to, too.



And they worked so hard and were so very busy! I love watching them "work" in the dirt. It's such sweet and simple, innocent play - only a pile of dirt and their favorite "working machines."



B has really come a long way, too. At the beginning of the summer, he had trouble operating a shovel.


Now he's a pro, or as professional as a 19 month old can be.


As for Cash, he's already got a backhoe and a wheeled excavator, "just like Mike Jackson's" on his Christmas list.



He has also told me that Baylen wants a Bobcat for Christmas. Sneaky ...



Yes, indeed, I love my dirt-loving boys!

No comments: