Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Progress

On Sunday, May 6th, I walked up to the garden to check on the progress. I also wanted to see if there were any more paw prints, as we had been having trouble keeping dogs out of the garden.

I was happy to see lots of progress and no new paw prints!


We planted two rows of corn, and for some reason, only one row is coming up. I guess I'll have to replant that other row.



The zinnias and sunflowers are coming up nicely. I'm hoping they'll attract lots of pollinators, plus add some color to the garden.



Yes! The beans are looking nice, too. We planted Roma beans (a type of green beans). It may not be enough to can, but I'm sure we'll get some good meals out of them.



And then back at the house, the squash and cucumber seeds are coming along, too. Hopefully, if we get some good rain, we'll have a great harvest this year!

No comments: