Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas night

Christmas night was spent in Glasgow at my parents' house. My sister, Derek and Kennick made the short trip over, too. (They live two streets away from my parents!) Our agenda was playtime, supper, presents, and more playtime. 


Karalee got this cool phone attachment for Christmas. You plug it into your smart phone and use it to talk in to. Baylen loved it, as you can tell.



After supper, we made our way downstairs and took a few pictures before opening presents. Here we are, the whole Doggett crew.



They tore into their presents that night. I guess the practice that they had Friday night, Saturday night and earlier that morning helped.



Cash got more Do-A-Dot markers! Woo hoo!



B got lots of Sesame Street books from Bubba and O.



Cash wanted to stop and read his cool machine book he got from Grammy and Grandad.



Kennick wanted to read his book, too. He loves the book We're Going on a Bear Hunt.



I wish I had a better picture of the sock monkeys that Karalee got the boys. They are 38 inches long. B got a blue one and Cash got a red one. They're so fun, and will be a great addition to the playroom.



See? He loves sitting with his aunt Bubba. He was helping her open the present from us.



Here's Heath opening his present. He got a leg quiver, another camera mount and a toolbox. He's all set now!



Derek got new saw horses. Hmmm...



I was super excited to open my box from mom and dad. I got new spatulas, new measuring spoons and a two cup measuring cup.



I'm not quite sure what Bubba is so excited about in this picture. I'll have to ask, but both the big boys were very helpful present openers this year.



I also got a dustpan and broom from mom. She's always complaining that I need one at my house. (See the huge sock monkeys in the chair behind me?) Later I opened my new stand mixer from mom and dad. I was really hoping to get it for Christmas and not my birthday (less than a month away). It's the only thing that I asked for this year. :)



If you've talked to Cash at all in the past two months, you probably know that he wanted a backhoe for Christmas. It's all he's talked about, and Grandad came through for him! It's a pretty awesome one, too.



Kids love boxes. :)



He quickly became his new favorite toy.



And B got what he wanted (or what Cash wanted him to get), a bobcat. It's an awesome one, too. They work pretty much just like the real ones do. (Minus the diesel fuel and such...)



Happy boy.



Kennick got a CD player for Christmas from Grammy and Grandad. He loves music and is always singing his favorite songs.



Their big present this year was a tool bench, and Cash and B love their tool bench! Hammers, drills, screws, wrenches, and nails. It was perfect!



The rest of the playtime was filled with lots of drilling and banging.



Thanks Grammy and Grandad! (We've since put this in the foyer for them to play with.)



As if the backhoe, bobcat and tool bench weren't enough, Grandad made the boys stools. We've been needed some extra stools around here for teeth brushing time. The boys loved them! 



Can't you tell?



Bubba, O and Kennick got the boys a joint present, too. It's a cardboard playhouse that you build and then color. The box says it's over five foot tall! They will come in handy this winter!



The boys used their stools to play with the work bench while the adults (are we adults?) relaxed and then started packing the cars. The Oldenkamps were leaving for Iowa the next morning. They planned to get there Tuesday and spend the rest of the week with Derek's family. 

What a fun Christmas it was! Heath and I agree, though, that celebrating Advent with the boys every night in December truly made it a special month and a very special season.

No comments: