Friday, December 23, 2011

Trying to get out the door

I'm not sure where we were going, but the other day I was trying to get out the door. I was dressed and ready, the boys were dressed, teeth brushed (miracle!) and I had finally gotten their shoes on. It seems that lately, it takes forever to get somewhere. It's not as simple as just getting in the car and going. Sometimes as we're headed out the door, someone needs a diaper change or has to go potty, or wants to take Mickey's rocket ship and we can't find Mickey, or I forget the library books or B's woobie, or ... I could go on and on. Sometimes I think it'll be so much easier when they get more independent, but then there are moments like these, and I change my mind.

I asked the boys to go on out to the garage, and as I rushed back to the kitchen to get sippies, I found this scene when I returned to the back door.


At first, I thought to myself, "Geez. We're never going to get to the car." But then I stopped, got my camera, and relished in the moment. 


Really, how much longer are these boys going to be doing these crazy things?


How much longer are the mornings going to be filled with toy hammers, silky blankets, brothers playing and making these kinds of memories?


If it's one thing I've learned by staying at home, it's that I shouldn't wish any stage of these sweet boys' lives away. Every thing is just for a season, and then change comes. So instead of rushing out the door, I watched my two little guys make some memories and have some fun.

No comments: