Friday, December 30, 2011

A special Flashback Friday

Today I got together with some of my sweet pledge sisters. Although we don't see each other very often, we try to keep in touch and we definitely want to celebrate when something special happens in one of our lives, and this week something very special did happen to one of us! My friend, K, and her husband were able to welcome into their home a precious little newborn to foster. This little baby was born earlier in the week, they were able to bring it home, and experience all that new parents experience with an infant. How fun! 

As sisters who wanted to show love and celebrate with her, we gave her a very small shower to help out with some basic things. She received sleepers, blankets, socks, burp cloths, and a bouncer. We had a great time catching up, loving on the baby, and watching the bigger kids play.


Here's Baylen helping her open one of the presents.


Emaline was there, too, laughing and playing with the big kids.


There's Anne Rhoades! She and Tay were busy running away from the "bad guy."


How fun! Baylen took over Tay's police cruiser. 

Here's the flashback for you:


Tay, Maddie, AR and Cash, January 2010


Baylen, Cash, Tay, AR and Emaline, December 2011


AOII sisters, January 2010 (I was 7 months pregnant with B here)


AOII sisters, December 2011

Just a side note: On the way to the get-together that day, we stopped by Toys-R-Us to buy a present (I would have done it earlier, but my coupon didn't start until that day). I asked the boys what kind of present we should buy the baby. Cash suggested "gold." I smiled knowing what he was thinking. I told him that baby M probably wouldn't be able to play with gold. He corrected me and told me that the baby's name was Baby Jesus. We had to clarify who we were going to see, and then Cash asked me who the baby's mommy and daddy were. I told him that the baby's mommy was K and his daddy was David. "Just like in the town of David, Mommy." :) I love the little things that come out showing that they do listen, sometimes.