Sunday, December 25, 2011

I love you, Robert Cash

Dear Cash,
   Today is not only Christmas day, but it is your half-birthday. Yes, my lil' man, you are three-and-a-half years old today. You have grown so much, and I love you - everything about you.


I love when your soft side shows through as you comfort your crying little brother and hold his hand as you bring him to me. I love how you share with him (sometimes) without being told. I love how you beg to do school games. I love how you admire your daddy and want to do everything he does. I love how you've inherited your father's love and interest in guns and animals. I love how you are all boy. I love your blonde hair and that it's just like your daddy's when he was little.


I love how you stick out your tongue when you concentrate. I love how you wave your arms when you get excited. I love how you love church, Mr. Bruce, Mr. Aaron and Ms. Leslie and Ms. Bobbi. I love how you tell daddy and me that you love Jesus. I love how you sing Jesus Loves Me and Away in a Manger. I love how your hair sticks up in the back. Daddy calls it a rooster tail. I love how you've kept your thick legs and round belly. You're definitely our big boy.


I love how you are concerned for every car on the side of the road, and how you think Mater should come help "that broken car." I love how you can name every piece of machinery that you see on a construction site, from a backhoe to a sheep-foot roller, to a pile driver and a wheeled excavator, you know and love them all. I love how you prefer old cartoons like Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry over the newer ones. I love how you creep over from daddy's lap to my lap at night when we're watching cartoons.


I love that you're so full of energy, jumping and flipping and laughing and playing with such joy. I love that you memorize Bible verses and remember them from week to week. I love how you love to be outside, playing, exploring, and working. I love how you still call our house, "our new house." I love that you adore your family. I love how you think Grandad can fix anything, including torn wrapping paper, toy drills, and, lately, broken ornaments.


I love you, Robert Cash, because you are you, and I pray that you will never change!


Love, 
Your mommy

No comments: